We recognize that not every business, organization, or initiative needs the same services, Brand Catalyst Company chose to be a boutique style agency to serve their clients as a true partner. We customize our services to act as an extension of your team to support your current marketing efforts. We’ve compiled a list of graphic design specs for our partners who have graphic design talent on staff!
Facebook & Instagram
Social media platforms are a vital tool in reaching potential clients and customers. Using social media ads allows you to connect with your ideal audience by utilizing each channel’s artificial intelligence of user preferences. Running ads in various sizes ensures you every possibility of reaching your ideal audience in a way that is conducive with their digital habits.
- 1080x1080 pixels
- 1200x628 pixels
- 9:16 ratio (1080x1920 pixels)
- No more than 20% text
- 16:9 ratio
- 9:16 ratio
- .mp4 recommended (Facebook supports other files but we've ran into issues with others)
- Consider 20% text rule for thumbnail
- For story, consider leaving roughly 14% (250 pixels) of the top and bottom of the image free from text, logos, or other key creative elements to avoid covering them with the profile icon or call-to-action.
- If the video has voice over and we'll be using captions via customization or an .srt file, consider where the captions will be displayed when editing the video
- If planning to do in-stream placements, you will need to have a version that is less than :15
- For story placements (9:16), we can use up to 15 images and connect them in a ‘video.’ While we don’t recommend having 15 consecutive images it could be compelling to have 4-6 images styled to tell an engaging story or bring people on a digital journey. This can be considered when creating variations and testing ad appearance.
LinkedIn can be an important space for business-to-business companies who benefit from reaching decision makers and professionals. On LinkedIn, we can deliver ads to people based on company, industry, title, and other criteria specific to your ideal audience. It’s important to note that specifications for graphics are more specific for this platform in that there are fewer variations to what we can utilize in an ad.
Images (jpg or png)
- Recommended: 1:1 - 1200 x 1200 pixels (Best CTR with this size)
- 1.91:1 - 1200 x 628 pixels
- No images larger than 5 MB
- 75 KB (min) - 200 MB (max)
- 3 seconds - 30 minutes
- Brand awareness: we recommend 30 sec or less
- Upper funnel: 30-90 seconds
- Video Captions (optional but recommended):
- Video sound file size less than 64 KHz
- Aspect ratio
-Landscape (16:9): Min 640 x 360 pixels, Max 1920 x 1080 pixels
-Square (1:1): Min 360 x 360 pixels, Max 1920 x 1920 pixels
-Vertical (9:16): Min 360 x 640 pixels, Max 1080 x 1920 pixels
-Aspect ratio tolerance: 5%
LinkedIn does not allow us to boost multiple images from the newsfeed.
Google Ads are a powerful way to grow brand awareness, drive website traffic, generate lead volume and increase sales. This particular type of ad form expands your reach by allowing you to advertise in both search-engine spaces like Google search and non-search websites.
Standard Display (jpg, png, or gif)
- File size must not exceed 150 KB
Responsive display ads
- 1:1, minimum 128 x 128
- 4:1, minimum 512 x 128
- 1.9:1, minimum 600 x 314 pixels. 1200x628 recommended.
- 1:1, minimum 300 x 300 pixels. 1200x1200 recommended.
- Landscape image: 1.91:1 - 1200x628 - recommended to have 3 asset versions
- Square image: 1:1 - 1200x1200 - recommended to have 3 asset versions
- Portrait image: 4:5 - 960x1200 - recommended to have 3 asset variations
- Square logo: 1:1 - 1200x1200
- Note: imagery with less design features perform best with this campaign. Something that highlights a human as the focus using the product or service.
- Designs should have a clear Call to Action correlating with the objective. For example, if we are running a conversion ad, the button might read "Shop Now"
- Consider simple, low text, highly visual designs
- Text used on the graphic should be concise and clear
- Use logos or strong brand elements. Recommend using logo.
We offer geofencing and geotargeting services for advertising your business. Geofencing services pair well with targeting events or specific locations where your ideal customers will be present. This strategy allows for retargeting 90 days after the event and even longer for those who visit your website. We like to engage this service with events and conferences where your ideal client is present!
Static Images (jpg or png)
Programmatic video on the platform (pre-, mid-, and post-roll) / OTT / CTV Video Standards
- Select :15-, :30- or :60-second spots. Under :15 second spots will serve to non-skippable inventory where/when applicable.
- Dimensions: 1920x1200px or 1920x1080px
- Audio Bitrate: 160 kbps or higher
- Video Bitrate: 5.4 mbps or higher
- Mandatory format: mp4 (h.264)
- Max video file size: 200MB Limit
- There are specific rules surrounding healthcare ads and those pertaining to children so be sure to check with our design team prior to design.
- JPG or PNG ads - Max files size per ad is 200kb.
- GIF ads – 1-2 movements per ad. Max file size is 200kb. For gif best practices, we would recommend a maximum animation length of 10 - 15 seconds with no more than three loops. Having ads “stop” on the last frame after two rotations is usually recommended so that the ad can appear static with all relevant info displayed if someone is on a page for longer than a few seconds. (i.e. recommend that the last frame contain the click action, logo, promo/offer info).
We hope this digital ad specification guide for each platform is helpful to you and your business! If you’ve made it this far, you are probably a client of ours, so thank you! You rock! If you still need some support, please contact us, so we can help you fully take advantage of all of your advertising opportunities!