Brand Catalyst clients receive a monthly performance report for the digital channels we are managing for them. These customized reports include key metrics and insights from the previous reporting period’s activity. Below you will find a list of important, easy-to-reference key terms.
- Spend: money spent in the advertising platform - Google, Facebook
- Impressions: the number of times one of your ads was seen
- Clicks: the number of times someone clicked on one of your ads to visit your website, get directions or call your store location.
- CTR (click-through-rate): the rate at which your ads are being clicked on - Impressions divided by clicks
- Conversions: these are valuable actions to your business that users have taken as a direct result of one (or multiple) of your ads. We identify these as purchases made online or in store, phone calls to your store, getting directions to your store or clicks made to access your online store from your website.
- Keywords: these are terms that people are searching for on Google Search that we are targeting with paid ads. This type of advertising allows us to target people at the moment they are expressing the highest level of interest in products or services your business offers. For your campaigns, we are not just targeting generic industry and product categories of keywords, but also the names of your competitors to help boost awareness of your brand (Note: we call this conquesting).
- Impression Share (share-of-voice): this is a competitive metric that tells what % of the time your ads are showing up when and ad-eligible impression is available. You can see this not just for your campaigns but all the way down to the keyword level so you can pinpoint where you might be losing out on added impressions due to budget constraints. You can also see the impression share of your competitors to this same level of granularity.